Energy Services Estimator
Responsible for maintaining database of cutting edge products and technologies to prepare competitive job estimates by interpreting drawings / bid documents and to perform take offs for labor, equipment, materials and various other functions.
- Read, understand and interpret drawings and specifications
- Solicit quotes from subcontractors and suppliers prepare estimate for formal review with leadership and project teams
- Prepare rough schedule of project based on certain constructability details and lead times
- Review estimated productions with development team to finalize proposals and bids
- Advise INF team in identifying and scoping efficiency improvements and cost control strategies to improve project design.
- Ensure on-time delivery of high quality, detailed, error-free products
- Provide feedback to team for client presentations, meetings, and discussions to develop a sound solution meeting the owner’s requirements with facility manager to ensure completeness of audit, reviews and submits data in a timely manner using provided application.
- Knowledge of energy-efficient lighting and retrofit principles, lighting controls, mechanical equipment, and other energy efficient equipment
- Knowledge of utility incentive programs and equipment qualification requirements
- Knowledge of energy codes and NYC local laws
- Collaborate with INF teams to deliver cohesive solutions
- Provide coaching/mentoring to team members and other consultants
- Develop new tools and techniques to improve existing work process and products
- Support Sales and development of new business pursuits
- Monitor industry trends and evaluate cutting edge technologies and services for potential client application
Skills & Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of direct experience in facilities engineering and construction (energy industry preferred), and in the following areas:
- Facilities: Facility operations and management, building systems and equipment, controls technologies, water conservation technologies
- Capital Improvement Projects: Lighting and advanced controls, mechanical, chilled water plants, boiler/steam plants
- Metering and Analysis: Auditing and data collection, utility consumption, hours of operations, load profiles
- Renewable Energy/Distributed Energy Resources: solar planning/installation/management, CHP, battery storage, ownership models
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret plans and specifications
- Strong aptitude in facility construction means and methods, and various regulatory requirements
- Strong aptitude in estimating crews and production
- Willing to travel to attend pre-bids and bid walks
- Knowledge of capital project installation processes, tools, and equipment
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken)
- Experience working in cross functional teams, diverse organizations, and managing complex projects and programs
- Demonstrate passion, drive and commitment to overcome challenges and achieve excellent results in alignment with company’s mission, vision and values.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and stay involved with projects from start to finish
- Detail-oriented, organized, and focused time management
- Ability to work autonomously and be a “self starter”
- Skilled in using MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Ability to work under tight timelines and schedules
If you are interested in joining INF Associates, please email us your resume, references, and qualifications at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you if we feel you are a good fit.